Job Title Administration and Finance Manager
Reports to Executive Director
Hours 15 hours per week
Contract Status Temporary for 3mths with possibility of extension
Salary Circa £20K (pro rota)
We are a small but very active Charity based in the west of Edinburgh with partners and programmes that work across Scotland.
We have a team of 5 professionals and the role will be to support the team by enabling efficient processes and systems in support of our work, in particular finance at both an organisational and project level.
- Responsible for all office management and administration including ensuring compliance with appropriate policies e.g. health & safety; first aid and general property management.
- Responsible for all finance support including book-keeping using Xero accounting software.
- To support the Winning Scotland Foundation team with all other administrative matters including governance, HR support, fundraising and communications and programme specific administration.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES – Key areas of responsibility
Office Management and Administration (including but not limited to) :
- Diary management for Executive Director and other staff as required.
- Maintaining and updating business contacts database.
- First point of contact for all IT and telecoms matters (IT consultant utilised).
- Supplier management, direct debits and standing orders.
- Ensuring compliance with health and safety; fire; first aid regulations and all insurances;
- First point of contact for landlord, cleaning and repairs.
- Ensuring all office supplies maintained
- Developing and maintaining the filing and information system.
- Arranging all staff meetings and away days.
- Ad hoc research and report collation.
Finance Support (including but not limited to) :
- Receiving and coding incoming invoices and other payment demands;
- Arranging fortnightly authorisation of invoices by budget holders and Executive Director;
- Posting invoices to Xero fortnightly;
- Using online banking: payments, new payees, income receipts;
- Raising invoices and recording all incoming cheques/cash, banking cheques;
- Liaising with accountants and auditors;
- Monthly monitor of nominal ledger and management accounts;
- Supporting the Executive Director with annual budget preparation and half yearly revised budget.
- Supporting annual audit;
- Petty cash and credit card payments administration;
- Interrogation of Xero and report preparation.
3. Other Administrative Matters (including but not limited to) :
- Governance support to Executive Director – collation of quarterly board papers; minute taking at quarterly board meetings; correspondence with management board; OSCR annual return; regular liaising with accountants; Companies House correspondence; supporting the annual audit.
- HR support to Executive Director - annual leave, office inductions, liaising with payroll support, health insurance provider, life cover administration.
- Communications support - preparation of e-newsletters (via mailchimp).
- Programme support including - supporting material preparation, monitoring of budget and expenditure, assisting with monitoring and evaluation, event support.
- Fundraising support including - gift aid claims, research, events support, proposals support, liaising with government.
OPERATING NETWORK – Key Internal/External Stakeholders
Executive team – Winning Scotland Foundation
Partners (e.g. Scottish FA, Scottish Rugby)
- Flexibility to deal with multiple and varying duties concurrently;
- Experience in bookkeeping and practical experience of using Xero or similar software;
- Extensive experience in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint);
- Proven ability to organise; time management and personal workload planning;
- An interest in the vision of Winning Scotland Foundation.
Behavioural Competencies (3 most critical)
Strong and confident communicator, with excellent interpersonal skills. You will feel confident speaking to individuals across a spectrum of organisations and levels within the private, public and charities sectors and you will demonstrate a polite and professional manner in all communications. You will demonstrate confidentiality and discretion in all areas of your work.
Feel confident in using own initiative to plan and undertake their work. You will be a self-starter who is confident using your initiative to determine a course of action and to solve problems without need to refer to others. You will be comfortable working alone and equally able to work co-operatively within a team.
Have excellent organisational and administration skills. You will demonstrate strong MSOffice skills, including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint. You will have a good eye for detail with a systematic approach to work. You will be confident working under pressure in a busy office environment.
Please enquire to Morag Arnot or submit a full letter of application and CV (no longer than 2 sides A4) via email@example.com.