Delivered in partnership with the Scottish Football Association and Scottish Rugby Union, this Positive Coaching Scotland event will share examples from youth rugby and youth football to demonstrate how parents can support the development of their children through sport and beyond. The messages will be applicable to parents of children involved in any sport.
You will hear from a range of highly experienced and successful individuals, many of them parents themselves, about the key role that parents play in creating a positive learning environment for young boys and girls in sport. This will include hints and tips about:
- the best way to encourage your child when things don’t always go to plan,
- Suggestions on how to provide feedback,
- Some great activities you can do at home to help your child practise what they learn at their sports club.
You are encouraged to bring your child/children with you as there will be workshop activities for them to take part in.
- Chris Paterson (former Scotland rugby internationalist and father of two young children)
- Linda Lawson (Mother of three including Scottish rugby internationalist, Rory Lawson)
- Plus interviews with Hearts and Hibs players
Please register if you would like to attend.